Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Now, I need your help.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I may be shooting a Doc here really soon and I have a question that I hope one of you can answer---I will be shooting on my Super16 camera (mostly) and I will have a widescreen Xfer for a Digital Broadcast.

    Here is the question--Have any of you out there had the ground galss in your Super8 cameras mapped to show a 1:85 aspect ratio? If so who did it for you and what did they use?

    I have had one guy say he could do it by putting strings across the ground glass--Not exactly the thing I want inside my camera.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think he meant black cotton. If the screen is easily accessed then cotton held by blu-tak is easily placed, adjusted and one day removed.

    tom.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel:
    My Beaulieu 9008 has a groundglass with the standard 4:3 size and additionaly two lines, marking the 16:9 size for the HDTV format. This way you can place the szene correctly inside the 16:9 frame. The latest projectors have an interchangeable 4:3/16:9 mask to screen the widescreen films correctly.
    As far as I know, the Beaulieu service can exchange any 6008/7008 groundglass an put a 16:9 groundglass in it.
    Pedro

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pedro--

    Thanks but I have a 4008ZMII--can you have the 16:9 glass put in it?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel:
    Due to my expieriences with the Beaulieu service, everything is possible, just ask them. If you got no positive response in the USA, ask at Bavaria for such a modification. 10 years ago I had my 6008 ground glass exchanged - costed about $300.
    Pedro

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank You All

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •